Monday, April 18, 2011

SRL Lecture 8

Dante Chaney
WASH
4/16/11
           

            SRL is a type of motorized website that has to do with machines, they make things that have to do with things like sex, war, etc. The main attraction to me was some of the older war type stuff that they had, almost perfect replicas depending on your opinion. All of these different things are outlined in the web sites, archive, and photos.
            Looking at fantasies, this web site appeals to those who like stuff like old war movies. Some Star Wars fans this may be a fantasy to, those who like to build robots, or like robotic movies.  This may be a fantasy to mechanics, or engineers, that look at different parts of the piece itself. People that love to read blue prints, im sure that you get the picture.  In high school the robotics team built stuff that sort of look like that of which is on that website.
            I really cant compare SRL to anything, I mean if you think of things like transformers it really doesn’t match up, because transformers has to do with things like vehicles, the things that I saw really didn’t look like that, whats on this page it looks like an project put together with all different parts. There alike because technology is moving at a extremely high pace right now, it seems to be kind of flying, and being that most of the things on this website is older looking technology its still pretty good. The difference is now we see technology in phones, or with anything that has to do with wifi or something. Even technology that doesn’t really appeal to anybody doesn’t match or compare to what there doing over here.
            The reason this really don’t promote anything,  is because its only appealing to those who like that type of stuff. I hated the web site when I first saw it, because it just wasn’t cutting it just didn’t make me look like man this is nice. I just thought it was someone that was trying to start a business thru there garage, or something like that. I just thought it was like other stuff that I watched like some myth busters stuff it seem like. I don’t know just my opinion. This would promote if they would actually have things that  appeal to everyone no matter who the crowd is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment